Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Back to Blogging: Arrival @ NASSP Conference



Wow, I can't believe that we are so close to completing the 3rd Quarter of the 2012-2013 school year.  I haven't been on  blogger in a long time, the beginning of the school year to be exact.  I am not proud of it and not going to give excuses for not blogging regularly this school year like I planned.  I am just going to change, refocus, and be optimistic about doing it more regularly from here on out.

This is the perfect week to restart.   The LCC Schools are strong supporters of growth and continual improvement of all stakeholders in their districts, and have given me the privilege of attending the NASSP (National Association of Secondary Principals) Conference in Washington DC at the National Harbor http://nationalharbor.com/. I have been to Washington DC twice before, but this will be the first time I have attended a National Principals Convention.  I am so excited about the opportunity to gather ideas and network with administrators from across the country.


I plan to write at the beginning of each day about my experiences at the conference from the previous day.  New things I have learned, ideas I may consider trying, and fun things I had the opportunity to experience.

On Tuesday, I flew out of Omaha, the flight was delayed due to weather, but had a great time socializing with the group of Nebraska administrators heading to DC at The Hanger while waiting for our flight.  Everyone on the plane agreed it was the roughest plan ride any of us had ever been on as we arrived late into Washington International Airport.  I felt like I had ridden a bull for 2 hours and 8 minutes, instead of the typical 8 seconds.

The Nebraska group is  staying in the Aloft hotel which is two blocks away form the conference center.  It is a very modern, 21st century hotel with technology and modern amenities abound.  We all went to Cadillac Ranch last night to eat after settling into our rooms, the grilled buffalo chicken flat bread was amazing.  At the center of the eatery was a mechanical bull, which seemed to be appropriate after that wild flight.  Nobody felt like getting on the bull last night, but hopefully George Loofe from Neligh will give me some pointers and I will try it before the end of the week.

Wednesday, the day is free for us to explore the history of Washington DC.  I am excited to have breakfast with some friends from Iowa in Old Town Alexandria in the morning, and then off to see some new monuments and museums that have been put up since my last trip to Washington.  

Please follow me throughout my journey this week!  I will be writing daily!  





No comments:

Post a Comment